John Grant Crabbe Main Library
Constructed in 1928, the Main Library is one of the most venerable buildings on Eastern's campus. In 1994, the addition of the Thomas and Hazel Little Building linked the oldest building on campus, the 1874 University Building, with the Crabbe Library and expanded library space by about 50 percent. Including additions constructed in 1936 and 1967 and major renovations in 1983 and 2010, the library now encompasses a span of over one hundred thousand square feet and is home to nearly seven hundred thousand books. Within the Main Library are several collections and resources which support Eastern's undergraduate programs, graduate programs, and faculty research. Serving 40,000-50,000 visitors each month, the Main Library is also home to various resources, including quiet study spaces, group workstations, faculty study space, audio visual viewing stations, computer work areas, cafe, and much more.
The Main Library comprises several locations and collections. View Floor Maps [PDF].
- Law Library
- Learning Resources Center
- Main Collection
- Noel Studio for Academic Creativity
- Reference Collection
- Special Collections and Archives
Also in the Main Library
In addition to our collections, the Main Library houses several other resources that are available to faculty, staff, and students: