Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is a part of the Library Express service and is free and available to current EKU students, faculty, and staff. It is a service in which requests for materials that are not owned by EKU Libraries are submitted to other libraries throughout the United States. The service is made available by the use of ILLiad software.
- Use our Library Search box to locate materials - the "Request Item" button will bring up the ILLiad form, already filled in with citation information. This process will allow you to do several things, depending on the circumstances: receive an article electronically; have a physical item pulled from our collections and held for you at one of our campus libraries or regional campus locations; place an item on hold that is checked out; request that an item be purchased and held for you; or borrow an item from another library.
- OR, look up an article in one of our databases and click the "Get More" button when the full-text option is not available. This button allows you to request an article and have it delivered to your EKU email account.
- OR, if you have citation information (i.e. title, author, ISBN, etc.) you can simply fill out a blank request form from your ILLiad/Library Express account. Please include the most accurate and complete information possible to avoid delay. We encourage you to locate the item in the Library Search box and submit the request that way and only use manual citation entry as a last resort.
Please allow adequate time for delivery of materials. Depending on the nature and availability of your requests, there may be an extended waiting period.
DUE DATES AND RENEWALS
Due dates and renewals are determined by the lending library, not EKU Libraries. In most cases, one renewal is allowed per item. If a renewal is needed and allowed, please request online, by email, or by phone at least three days prior to the due date. Once a new due date is received, you will receive an automated email notification from Library Express which contains the new due date. If a renewal is needed, but is not allowed or is denied by the lending library, you are encouraged to submit a new request for the item.
To renew online:
- Log in to your Library Express account.
- Select an item to renew by clicking on the transaction number.
- Click the Request Renewal button.
To renew by email, contact Library Express at email@example.com.
To renew by phone, contact Library Express at (859) 622-1415.
Library Express complies with the American Library Association's Interlibrary Loan Code for the United States and the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code).